Sunday, November 14, 2010

I can't believe it is over

At long last the big book signing event is over, and I could not be more pleased. It was really neat to have Attman's Delicatessen make up a special sandwich that emulated the one in my book, Double Trouble on Corned Beef Row. Attman's is the oldest surviving remnant of that area of Baltimore's Lombard Street Jewish enclave. Marc Attman, the third generation owner, graciously allowed me to put his store's facade on the coverof the book, then promoted the book with the signing. There was an amazing amount of support by the whole Attman family, many of whom showed up for the event. Elaine Gershberg, who coordinated the affair, is sweet little pixie who apparently can work miracles. She kept everything on track and kept me advised about all of the details. A reporter for the Baltimore Examiner,Tamar Fleishman did a story on the sandwich and the book that appeared the following day.
I had some surprise visitors show who bolstered my state of euphoria. Two of my cousins, Frank and Skip Stovel and their wives, whom I had not seen in nearly two years, and long time friends JoAnn and Wayne Geisbert and their son showed up unexpectedly,as did JoAnn's brother, George Swope. To say that the evening was a success is to understate it. It was one of the events I will never forget. As always, my Darling Judy and our beloved Paul backed me up in every aspect of the evening. Altogether, it was a resounding success, and now everything is anti-climax. Oh, well! On to the next triumph, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment