Thursday, October 21, 2010

The days are racing by

I have been preparing for a BIG book signing at a historic deli in downtown Baltimore for about a month. The lady who coordinates events there just informed me she sent out over 1100 email invitations to her customer list. When I was ready to publish my book, "Double Trouble on Corned Beef Row," I got permission to put the deli's picture on the front cover. It was only logical that the deli would want to promote the fact. The only trouble is the place where the event is to take place only holds forty-five people. Also, there is a parking problem in the area. I know there is supposed to be no such thing as bad publicity, but I don't want all of the guests griping about the situation in their columns. Did I mention the preponderance of them will be media people: food writers and such, and the deli is going to probably offer them freebies. My book is a novel, not a cookbook! However, one of the characters in it creates a spicy version of the corned beef sandwich, and the deli is going to make one that resembles it as part of the promotion. I can see this being a boon for the deli, but how it will impact sales of my book is questionable. If you are in Baltimore on November 10, 2010, you may want to avoid East Lombard Street from 5 to 7 PM. The traffic may be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment