Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello, Hollywood??

Have you ever tried to contact a live person at a Hollywood movie studio? I have been trying to get a message through to Barry Levinson, who, like me, grew up in Baltimore. I think he might be interested in my book, "Double Trouble on Corned Beef Row," because it is set in a Baltimore landmark. Mr. L has done several movies with Baltimore themes, and his "Homicide: Life on the Streets," was filmed there, too. The problem I encountered is layer upon layer of firewalls preventing any access. Maybe after the book hits the stores someone will tell him about it. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Of course nowadays it's difficult to get a live person anywhere on the phone. Whatever happened to receptionists and operators? If you do get one chances are they're in India or somewhere like that. The best thing I guess is to network until you find somebody who knows somebody and try to climb the ladder that way.

    I watched one of those Baltimore Barry Levinson movies a few weeks ago. Can't remember the name right now, but it was a nice flick about a Jewish family in the '50s I guess and about the prejudice they encountered. Sweet memories.

    Lee
    A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

    ReplyDelete